Saturday, January 17, 2015

Young Garrett Bosworth reports on an incident at the Olympia rally

Garrett Bosworth, age 16, who participated with her family in the rally at Olympia this week (and who was one of the hardy band of armed civil disobedients who entered the capitol building) writes:
Dear Mr. Vanderboegh,
After meeting you, you have inspired me to put my heartfelt thoughts to pen and paper. So in the following article I attempt to explain my thoughts from January 15, on a situation I noticed as a young patriot at the rally with my friends and family. Please feel free to share yours thoughts and opinions.
Yours in Freedom, Garrett Bosworth.
The Observations of a Teenage Patriot.
On the morning of January,15,2015 I stood on the steps of my state capitol, watching people young and old, trade guns and converse about a better time when the very thought of handing your gun to a friend, would make you a felon, would seem absurd.
This being my first time in Olympia Washington, I wanted to see everything, but as I was admiring my state's capital, I observed something that would make my heart plummet into my gut. There in the capital court yard were four flags flying, My state's flag, My country's flag and a Seattle Seahawks' flag, all flown at full mast. Below them was this considerably smaller black flag, so much smaller then the others that it took me a moment to realize that it was a POW and MIA flag.
At the moment I was filled with immense disgust. A Seattle Seahawks' flag was larger and also being flown higher then a POW and MIA flag. As if a football team was more important than soldiers who gave up so much to fight for my country. People gather by the thousands to hero-worship grown men scoring touchdowns. Why don't we gather to thank our soldiers for the service? For destroying their bodies and leaving their families to defend our freedoms? No, instead we walk around sporting green and blue instead of red white and blue. We wear their jerseys and fly their flags, while our freedoms are slipping away. How ashamed my forefathers would be.
Shaking my head, I turned away in shame. When a group of fifteen to twenty real American patriots, myself included, gathered at the doors, preparing to go into the capital building with heads up and long arms in hand running up the stairs, hooting and hollering for our freedoms back, I was filled with pride for what my country used to be like and could be like again. So while others may fly their Seahawks' flag, I will fly Old Glory, so that those who want to take our freedoms know that as my family motto declares "By choice, here WE STAND." We want them to understand we will not falter and we will not comply!
Garrett Bosworth

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

she just gave me hope for that generation..if I had a daughter I'd like to think she'd be like her

Anonymous said...

Despite all the Gottleib's of the world, this young patriot is why we win.

Go, tell them to hang their heads in shame - right below the POW MIA flag.

Link to WA legislature e-mail list:

http://app.leg.wa.gov/MemberEmail/Default.aspx

Access Washington: ("Contact Us" tab)

http://access.wa.gov/topics/government/#

III N TN

bondmen said...

Great comments and a terrific display in Olympia by you and your band of American Patriots Garrett!

Yes some men have consciously decided to exercise their manliness by watching other men crash into one another on a field. They have chosen to live a life of make believe rather than enter the field of ideas, principles doing the difficult business of being a responsible citizen in a Constitutional Republic.

But then again there are three choices in this life: lead, follow or get out of the way so they've chosen the third option while you have chosen the first. Congratulations to you Garrett! Who is the one deserving respect from their fellow countrymen and women?

Steve said...

Letter forwarded to my State Senator Linda Parlette, with the "response requested" flag set...

We'll see what happens.

Kris Lindsay said...

I am so proud of this young lady.

cris said...

Excellent words you spoke ! you make me proud! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Washington state has a Joan of Arc; another Maid Of Heaven whom I would follow into any field of battle!

Death before slavery!

Comrade X

Motorhommie said...

You are raising your son well Anthony. Garrett, you are so correct on the football worship. I also think it is disgusting.

Sports worship is the national distraction in America while our country is being hi-jacked from under us by international banking elite who use every possible angle to break our country down. It is asymmetrical warfare.

Back in the 40's, McCarthy started warning everyone about the Communist take over of America and everyone thought he was nuts. Well, google the Communist Manifesto and see if they are right on target!

We need people to call it wrong when they see things that are, just like you did. Keep it up. I look forward to meeting you some day.

Tim Carson said...

(having not seen my post, I will do it again)

Garrett,

Well written and observant of you. Sports worship disgusts me. It is the national distraction while our country is getting hi-jacked and robbed right under us!

This is part of the "tribal" mind set to pit one class of people against another. We are under asymmetrical warfare and for that to succeed, it takes for a few good men to do or say nothing.

Most our worthless politicians have sold out to the NWO, offshore banking powers who own them. Yes, both parties and they know it. It seems that the only ones that don't know this are the low-informed voters who still play the rigged game of voting.

Stay informed and glad to have you in the fight with us!

Anonymous said...

I weep with joy.

B Woodman
III-per

Anonymous said...

Good on ya Garrett!! Not only are you well versed in the applied principles of liberty, but you are intelligent and articulate in expressing them. Thank you for reassuring this OFWG that what passes for education today has not completely succeeded in turning the next generation of Americans into shambling mall lizards completely ignorant of their God-given rights and the need to guard them with all diligence. God bless you and your family. Your parents are rightfully very proud of you.
_revjen45

Garretts Man said...

This young lady is the love of my life. Im so happy to be with her. Its not often you find a girl who will fight for her gun rights and freedom. Im privlaged to have the title of her boyfriend. I love her with all i am. And i will always stand by her side and stand up for what we all know is right.

Anonymous said...

Are you people serious?

Stopping to take a selfie....oh Lord.

Unknown said...

You see this girl who wrote this article and stood on the steps of our state capital putting her foot down letting the nation know that we fellow citizens who support our military and rights to bear arms one of founding fathers said himself

"the beauty of the second ammendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." ~Thomas Jefferson

My point is our founding fathers knew how to build and run our nation instead of our president's going on vacation ,saluting our soldiers coffee cup in saluting hand, and caring more about sports than our military they need to look back on how our country was run before all the technology and sports before our nation started falling apart... WE THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA NEED TO REBUILD OUR NATION AND QUIT MAKING THE UNINVADABLE COUNTRY DEFENSELESS RUSSIAN FORCES REFUSED TO INVADE THE USA KNOWING AROUND EVERY CORNER THERE WOULD BE AN ARMED PROUD AMERICAN WHAT HAPPENED!! I stand with my patriot sister and will and always will be protecting and defending her around the clock!

Anonymous said...

Amen Garrette! God put your heart into more of our youth!